C'est la vie in Tel Aviv!

I decided to begin blogging after a friend of mine suggested it when I announced I'd be leaving Atlanta, GA after 9 years and move to Tel Aviv, Israel for grad school. This will be a way for my friends and family to see what I'm up to and keep in touch with me.

For those that know me best I don't think they were surprised by my decision to move to Israel. I'm a pretty adventurous girl and I'm always up for taking the road less travelled.

I consider my decision to move to Israel an act of divine intervention. For the past couple of years Israel has been at the top of my travel list, along with a few other countries in the Middle East.

Also, I went back to school last summer after 4 years in public accounting. I decided that it was time for a career change. I wanted to work with children and I have lots of interest in psychology so I went back to complete my bachelors degree in psychology. I actually turned in my last assignment for the completion of my requirements for my degree tonight! I knew when I went back to school that I'd have to go to graduate school. I'd started researching programs that I may be interested in applying for. For some reason none of them really seemed the perfect fit for my interests, but I kept looking. I also wanted to go abroad, but feared that if I did that I may have a hard finding a job after because I wasn't sure if my degree would be respected.

I was online a couple months ago, as I am everyday, and I came across an article about how more American students are going abroad for college because it's cheaper. Within this article there was a world ranking of schools. I decided to take a look at the list. I filtered by social sciences and started scrolling through the results. The majority of the schools in America that I was considering were on the list as well as schools around the world. There were several schools in the UK and Canada as well as a few other countries. I'd already been to high school in England so I didn't consider that a big change for me. I didn't really want to go to Canada because I had no interest in going anywhere really cold. LOL I'm an island girl, we don't like cold weather! I looked at the other countries on the list, but because I don't speak a foreign language they posed a problem. I then clicked on Tel Aviv Univeristy. The school was listed in the top 100 schools in the world, they were offering programs in English and the program was almost perfectly tailored to what I am interested in. Oh and the cherry on top, the application deadline hadn't passed yet. I HAD to apply. I wasn't sure if I'd get in or not, but I was compelled to try. Oh I forgot to mention....Tel Aviv is on the Mediterranean! PERFECT for an island girl! :-)

I found out about 2 weeks ago now that I got in. I am so extremely excited about this opportunity and the only way to describe how I got here is purely divine intervention. It seems like the stars all aligned for me and now I am heading to Tel Aviv in the fall!

I am sad to leave my friends, but I know they all support me and those that can will visit. It's not an ending, it's just a see ya later for now. I am so excited for what's to come and I hope those that love me will enjoy the journey with me through my blog.

I hope you all will join me on my biggest adventure to date!

Comments

  1. Yay! I'm so genuinely happy for you! This is such a wonderful opportunity and you absolutely deserve it! I must say, I'm proud to be your bestie - muah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Nana! I'm so proud to be your bestie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Andi this is incredible! Super inspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day!

Stress Kills!