Dr. Strachan?
Everyone knows that I'm moving to Tel Aviv to get my Master's degree. I was speaking to my ailing grandmother recently and she said to me that I need to get my Doctorate. I kinda laughed it off, because I really wasn't thinking that far ahead as yet.
My grandmother has been battling Breast Cancer for over a year now and she was re-admitted to the hospital last week. I went to visit her this weekend and the 1st day she didn't look well and she was incoherent. Yesterday I went to visit her again and we spoke. She looked a bit better and was very happy to see me. Somewhere along the way the topic came up again and she said I needed to pursue my Doctorate. Again I just sort of brushed it off.
Somewhere between leaving the hospital and this morning I think my grandmother may be on to something. As I drove around the Island yesterday and in speaking to my sister in law a bit about the education system here and some other major issues children are exposed to I really began thinking. If I want to really make a difference having my doctorate may not be such a bad idea.
I was driving and there are childcare facilities with play spaces for children, but they aren't fenced in so it would be very easy for a child to run into the street and be hit by a car, or snatched by a predator. Are there any safety standards for setting up a school or childcare facility? Are they being monitored? Why is this blatant safety issue being ignore?
There are lots of kids being exposed to abuse at home and have no outlet. They have no where to go for help, nobody to talk to and no place safe to just be a kid. Between yesterday and today I became increasingly frustrated and it may be time to start thinking even further as far as my own education is concerned.
I don't know for sure yet, but I'm definitely more open to the idea. Grammy Daisy you may get your Doctor after all!
My grandmother has been battling Breast Cancer for over a year now and she was re-admitted to the hospital last week. I went to visit her this weekend and the 1st day she didn't look well and she was incoherent. Yesterday I went to visit her again and we spoke. She looked a bit better and was very happy to see me. Somewhere along the way the topic came up again and she said I needed to pursue my Doctorate. Again I just sort of brushed it off.
Somewhere between leaving the hospital and this morning I think my grandmother may be on to something. As I drove around the Island yesterday and in speaking to my sister in law a bit about the education system here and some other major issues children are exposed to I really began thinking. If I want to really make a difference having my doctorate may not be such a bad idea.
I was driving and there are childcare facilities with play spaces for children, but they aren't fenced in so it would be very easy for a child to run into the street and be hit by a car, or snatched by a predator. Are there any safety standards for setting up a school or childcare facility? Are they being monitored? Why is this blatant safety issue being ignore?
There are lots of kids being exposed to abuse at home and have no outlet. They have no where to go for help, nobody to talk to and no place safe to just be a kid. Between yesterday and today I became increasingly frustrated and it may be time to start thinking even further as far as my own education is concerned.
I don't know for sure yet, but I'm definitely more open to the idea. Grammy Daisy you may get your Doctor after all!
Comments
Post a Comment