My last few hours in Tel Aviv
I sit here writing this feeling absolutely numb, I'm still in denial that these moments are the last few hours of my time here in Tel Aviv. It's unbelievable that the time went by so quickly. I knew this day was coming, but I've avoided thinking about it because I wasn't ready to face reality and I wanted to be present for every moment I had remaining.
There aren't enough words to express my feelings right now. This year has been so amazing for me; eye opening, liberating and unbelievably fun! I came here to get my master's and I'm leaving here undoubtedly changed. I will forever have a special place in my heart for Israel and for every experience I've had here and all of the amazing people I was able to share the past year with.
I don't even know where to begin. I boarded a flight to Israel last year having never been here, but knowing without a doubt that it was where I was meant to be at this point in my life. This year as been beyond my expectations. (Gosh darnit here come the tears) I've completed a master's program, I've been a member of the first ever Israel women's national lacrosse team, and I've met some amazing and dynamic people!
I've felt so alive here and so myself! I was so free, uninhibited and 100% me. I was unconcerned with trivial, superficial, unnecessary madness and completely focused on myself and being happy. I've done things I'd never thought I'd do and didn't even think twice about it. I've lived a few places now, but no where has ever made me feel so sure and confident that being me was all that mattered. I don't know if what I'm saying makes sense to anyone else but for me it does. I don't know if it's entirely this place or in part the place I'm at in my life while being here, but life's been so much more enjoyable knowing that I feel happy with where I am and who I am.
I faced my challenges in my master's program and readjusted my expectations, but all in all still happy with it. It opened my eyes to a lot of things. I was so sure that I needed to be a therapist and now I leave here knowing that there are so many ways in which I can help and I'm so happy to continue to explore them and grow in my new career path.
I got placed in an internship where I wasn't entirely sure I wanted to be at first, but once I began knew it was exactly where I was supposed to be and grew to appreciate. I grew to appreciate another way of helping, but also my life. I take for granted a lot of things and being here and experiencing the way African refugees live here I grew to truly appreciate my life and the hard work that my mother puts in every day to afford me this life. My life is by no means perfect, but it's damn sure one I need to be thankful for every day. I am also appreciative and grateful for being able to help, though it seemed small and sometimes not enough the ability to help and have people truly appreciate what you've done for them is an amazing feeling.
I fully embraced my time here and Israel embraced me. I had some moments of sheer ignorance, but all in all I had a good time here and it felt good to be here. I had such a good time and so many memorable and irreplaceable moments that leaving makes me sad. I don't like good byes; I never have. But I must say see ya later for now and as difficult as it is and as emotional as I feel, I must embrace these feelings, but deep down I know even greater experiences are yet to come.
I'm not sure what the future holds but this experience has definitely taught me to have faith and I have immense faith that great things are to come. Nothing I've done here can ever be taken away from me and none of it has been taken for granted. This experience has been amazing and I am so grateful to have had it. It's been unbelievable, unforgettable and totally worth it! Israel will always be a part of me.
There aren't enough words to express my feelings right now. This year has been so amazing for me; eye opening, liberating and unbelievably fun! I came here to get my master's and I'm leaving here undoubtedly changed. I will forever have a special place in my heart for Israel and for every experience I've had here and all of the amazing people I was able to share the past year with.
I don't even know where to begin. I boarded a flight to Israel last year having never been here, but knowing without a doubt that it was where I was meant to be at this point in my life. This year as been beyond my expectations. (Gosh darnit here come the tears) I've completed a master's program, I've been a member of the first ever Israel women's national lacrosse team, and I've met some amazing and dynamic people!
I've felt so alive here and so myself! I was so free, uninhibited and 100% me. I was unconcerned with trivial, superficial, unnecessary madness and completely focused on myself and being happy. I've done things I'd never thought I'd do and didn't even think twice about it. I've lived a few places now, but no where has ever made me feel so sure and confident that being me was all that mattered. I don't know if what I'm saying makes sense to anyone else but for me it does. I don't know if it's entirely this place or in part the place I'm at in my life while being here, but life's been so much more enjoyable knowing that I feel happy with where I am and who I am.
I faced my challenges in my master's program and readjusted my expectations, but all in all still happy with it. It opened my eyes to a lot of things. I was so sure that I needed to be a therapist and now I leave here knowing that there are so many ways in which I can help and I'm so happy to continue to explore them and grow in my new career path.
I got placed in an internship where I wasn't entirely sure I wanted to be at first, but once I began knew it was exactly where I was supposed to be and grew to appreciate. I grew to appreciate another way of helping, but also my life. I take for granted a lot of things and being here and experiencing the way African refugees live here I grew to truly appreciate my life and the hard work that my mother puts in every day to afford me this life. My life is by no means perfect, but it's damn sure one I need to be thankful for every day. I am also appreciative and grateful for being able to help, though it seemed small and sometimes not enough the ability to help and have people truly appreciate what you've done for them is an amazing feeling.
I fully embraced my time here and Israel embraced me. I had some moments of sheer ignorance, but all in all I had a good time here and it felt good to be here. I had such a good time and so many memorable and irreplaceable moments that leaving makes me sad. I don't like good byes; I never have. But I must say see ya later for now and as difficult as it is and as emotional as I feel, I must embrace these feelings, but deep down I know even greater experiences are yet to come.
I'm not sure what the future holds but this experience has definitely taught me to have faith and I have immense faith that great things are to come. Nothing I've done here can ever be taken away from me and none of it has been taken for granted. This experience has been amazing and I am so grateful to have had it. It's been unbelievable, unforgettable and totally worth it! Israel will always be a part of me.

Comments
Post a Comment