Some times you just have to say it.

I haven't really had a desire to blog that much lately, but tonight I decided to blog. I saw something today on facebook that someone posted, reminding us to tell our friends and family how we feel.

Well it's way past my bed time, but I can't go to sleep because I have to tell a very special friend of mine how I feel. My really good friend Lindsey is having surgery tomorrow to place a defibrillator on heart.

I met Lindsey I guess 3 or 4 years ago now in Atlanta, through pole dancing, and we became instant friends. She's a blast to be around, always there when you need her, and one of the most quietly inspiring people I've ever met. Lindsey came into my life at the perfect moment, when I needed her most, though I don't think she knows this.

I was going through a lot emotionally and she was always there to listen to me, always willing to hang out when I needed cheering up and always there to support me through whatever I was going through and she still is to this day even though now we're miles a part.

When I first met Lindz I had no clue she'd been through so much and been so sick. Here I am complaining about what seemed like major problems to me, and she fights for her life! You see Lindsey has Multiple Sclerosis and on top of that she has a heart condition, hence the need for a defibrillator. She is one tough cookie, she doesn't complain about it, she deals with all of it head on and with the most amazing strength. Talking to her when she's getting her meds at the MS center and when her doctors tell her because of her heart she can't do the things she loves to do anymore, she doesn't get down. She proves them wrong.

Since I've known her all she's been doing is proving doctors wrong! They told her she'd never dance again, well she did that. The best win of all they told her she'd never have kids and well earlier this year she had a beautiful, healthy baby boy! For every odd she has defied through the course of our friendship she has strengthened me and given me hope. Lindz is a true southern girl, she's strong willed and doesn't take crap from anyone not even nay saying doctors!

I guess I say all of this to say I think Lindsey Bowyer Gandhi is amazing and tomorrow I know you're gonna come through your surgery perfectly and your recovery will go well, but I just had to tell you anyway.

Love you Lindz!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day!

C'est la vie in Tel Aviv!

Stress Kills!