2012 in review

Well 2012 started off pretty well for me! I brought in this year in Istanbul with friends! I also spent the majority if this year living in Israel, which was a great experience for me.

February of this year was also pretty amazing! February 10th my really great friend gave birth to my adorable little nephew Jack! That little boy makes my heart smile every time I think of the surprise he was and the joy he brings his family and most of all the miracle that he represents.
In addition to the birth of Jack my niece Isabel turned one. A really great memory of February was the emergency change of plans I made to come home to the Bahamas because my mum called to tell me my Grammy (my last remaining grandparent) was in the hospital. I came home and my Grammy was released from the hospital and she's not been readmitted since!!!! February was a month of miracles I'd say.

I flew back to Israel and began playing lacrosse, joined the Israeli national team and met some really great people in the process. All of which made my experience in Israel that much more amazing. I also traveled to Amsterdam for the first time with the national team to compete in the European Lacrosse Championships. All of this was the start of a pretty awesome summer!

I also had a really great friend from Atlanta come to Tel Aviv and share in my Israeli experience. It was great to share my life there with my friends from home. She had a great time and I had fun sharing the experience with her. She got to experience Passover with me and we both reveled in amazement while we spent Easter in Jerusalem. A truly amazing a spiritually satisfying experience for us both.

I spent many days this summer sipping on wine, sun bathing on the Mediterranean Sea, and enjoying life in a bikini. Like I said it was a great summer! :) I also graduated from Tel Aviv University this summer with my Master's degree.

And another amazing memory was that my mum was able to share in my Israel experience. She made the trip over all the way from the Bahamas to be there for my graduation. She got to see Israel through my eyes and her own, and not what they show you on CNN. She got a little taste of what my life was like there and why I love it so much. She also got to see some of the religious sites and feel the awesomeness of Jerusalem. A very special city that has the power to move you in ways you never knew possible, until you are there.

I moved back to the Bahamas for the first time since I was 12 years old. I was able to attend my college friend, Kimber's awesome wedding. I was able to see my little brothers graduate from college and I found a job faster than most people have been able to. I guess I have quite a bit to be thankful for! :)

This year was a year of fun, change and great experiences. It's had its negatives but most of all I'd say this year was pretty awesome. I don't know what 2013 has to offer but I am ready to find out. I suspect more great experiences are on the horizon.

I wish you all a happy and safe New Year's Eve and for 2013 I wish you all the best in health, love, and your professional/educational goals. May tonight be great and 2013 be a year of us all coming closer to the people we are intended to be!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day!

C'est la vie in Tel Aviv!

Stress Kills!