Turning 33

I've not blogged in quite some time but I'm turning 33 in a couple of days and now seemed like as good a time as any to write a new post. Life has changed so much, and not much of it has been as I expected it to be, but I love to reflect and take the time to appreciate the experiences I've had. I usually spend the days and weeks before turning another year older reflecting. 33 isn't a milestone birthday, there are no real perks to turning 33, my car insurance rate won't change, I don't gain access to any new social stratum, all I seem to get is the questions about when I'm getting married and/or having children. This is not just limited to family, random strangers ask and most recently even my doctor.... she brought up the dreaded topic of freezing my eggs.... am I really getting THAT old?! Back on track, though 33 may not be a typical milestone, something tells me this new year will bring some amazing vibes my way, a shift is coming. I wanted to reflect on 33 things I've learned over time, maybe some of you will relate to this, others may just think it's nonsense, but if my reflections can give one person some hope or guidance, it's definitely worth sharing. 



1. Trust your gut! 
2. Sunscreen always! 
3. Maintaining friendships/relationships is an active process. Some times you have to hit pause on all the other things you have to do and connect with the people you love. 
4. Don’t judge others for the decisions they make. You haven’t lived their life. 
5. Create an active lifestyle, find an activity you like and make it a part of your routine. 
6. Learn to love spending time with yourself.
7. Everything can change in an instant. 
8. Sometimes starting over is the only choice you really have. 
9. Embrace and honor the good in you, don't downplay yourself to satisfy another person. 
10. Seek out people who encourage your dreams and goals.
11. Tell people today how you feel about them. They might not be here tomorrow. Call people out if you need to, but also make sure tell people you love them. 
12. Do things that make you happy, even if they don’t make sense.
13. Don't compare your life to others around you, we all have our own unique experiences, it's one of the many things that makes life so exciting. Don't allow other people to dictate your life for you.  
14. Make memories, spend your money on experiences rather than things!
15. Change your goals as you grow. 
16. You don't always have to buy expensive things, but don't buy the cheapest either. Mix up expensive splurges with the "second cheapest things". 
17. Live well, whatever that means for you!
18. Doing nothing is OK.

19. Taking time to reflect is necessary. 
20. You don't always have to have an opinion or an answer, sometimes silence is the best option. 
21. You can fix many things. Death is not one of them. 
22. Never stop learning. 
23. Everything really does happen for a reason, some times we don't get clarity right away, but there is always a reason. 
24. Find a creative outlet, a hobby, something that serves as an activity that is not burdensome, but a time to unwind and brings joy to your life. 
25. Listen to others when they open up to you. They are telling you something for a reason.
26. When you feel lost, look to the past to remember who you are, appreciate how far you've come. 
27. If someone or something no longer serves you in a positive way do not be afraid to let it go. Some things aren't meant to last forever. 
28. Donate some of your time and your spirit to others who are in need. They will remember your kindness.
29. Be willing to take risks. It’s the only way to answer the “what if”s.
30. Life is full of options, hope lies in the those options, embrace them. 
31. It is not selfish or wrong to tell people "No".  
32. Well done is always better than well said. Just do it! 
33. Truly enjoy this moment. You are not guaranteed another one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day!

C'est la vie in Tel Aviv!

Stress Kills!