I'm passionate...

Hi I'm Andi and I'm passionate. This blog post was inspired by conversations I had last weekend and then a Facebook memory of this picture popped up and I was inclined to share my thoughts.


I'm a very passionate person, mainly my interests are in psychology/education. I'm passionate not only about my individual/personal education and, my seemingly endless pursuit of knowledge, but I'm also passionate about the state of education in my country; it is my hope to be a part of the change. I also do not believe that education is only the things we learn in school, education is also about experiences, the exposure to new things. The world can teach us a lot, if we pay attention.

I also focus on being true to myself, I realize the power in being authentic in my identity, my beliefs, and my words. I'm a happier person now because I focus my energy on being as positive as possible, and focus my time on things that matter to me. Living my life to suit others doesn't suit me, and it's not always easy going against family and parental expectations, some battles aren't worth the fight, but I have shifted my focus more on myself and less on others. 

The older I get the more my passion is defined. Personally, outside of traditional education, I've become more aware of my pride and spirit as a black woman. I focus on being my most authentic self as it pertains to being honest about who I am as black woman, my magic, and relating to that power. I spend a lot more of my time experiencing things, rather than buying things, and I have made an effort to travel often. Achieving my experiences aren't always easy, and it does require sacrifice a lot of time, because I still have other responsibilities, but I find that my life is richer. 

It takes great effort and it is far from easy, I don't always have good days, but as the photo says education breeds peace. I truly believe that because of my education, traditional and non traditional, I am more confident in who I am, I am hopeful, and my personal peace is easier to find. 

Seek education/experiences, live your truth, focus on your happiness, and you might just be surprised at how life changes for you! :) 

Note: It's fitting that I will post this today, on my grandmother's birthday, as she is my biggest influence in my pursuit of education. She's gone but not forgotten, and always being honored by me; because of her I am! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day!

C'est la vie in Tel Aviv!

Stress Kills!