It's my "half" Birthday!

I have never celebrated a half birthday before or referred to my age in halves, but as my 30th birthday approaches, I'm doing something different! Today I'm 29 and a half, which means there are exactly 6 months until the Milestone that is my 30th birthday.

WOW! 30 years old, I remember thinking of this age and all the expectations of myself at 30, well my imagination doesn't quite match reality. However, I know that I am exactly where I'm meant to be. So with that being said, I'm going to maximize my happiness and have some fun in the last 6 months of my 20s. I figure my 20s deserve to be sent out in style.

I know most do a 30 to 30 list, however seeing as it's my half birthday, I've come up with my 15 (half of 30) things to do before I'm 30 list.

Number 1 on the list is run 10K. I started training a couple months ago and was doing really well, but then got sick and got off course, so now time to get back on the road and carry on with my training!

Number 2 Go for a night swim with my friends. In Israel my friends and I went to the beach at night quite a few times in the summer. It seems like an odd time to go to the beach, but it's so much fun and I have yet to go for a night swim since being home, so before I turn 30 I need to make it happen!

Number 3 Have an evening of wine and board games. I love board games, I enjoy wine and so I need to host a night of my kind of fun!

Number 4 There are 700 islands and cays in the Bahamas and I've still not been to many of them, so I'd like to go on an island escape before my 30th too. 

Number 5 Go to Las Vegas! I've never been and it seems like the perfect place to celebrate my 30th birthday, so the plan is to bring in dirty 30 in sin city! 

Number 6 For the past 2 years almost I've been feigning for the Louis Vuitton Neverfull purse, it's a classic after all. So by my 30th I'd like to own one. HINT: if you wanna get me a gift for my birthday, just donate to my purse fund!

Number 7 Lose 5 lbs... Because I have goals for my body, healthy is always my mission. 

Number 8 Find the perfect LBD! If you know me you know I love LBDs and I haven't purchased one in almost 3 years I think, I need to find a new classic to add to my collection for my big Dirty 30 celebration! 

Number 9 See BeyoncĂ© live...I'm not a part of the Beehive, but I think she's a great performer and I've never seen her live so I would like to make that happen, especially now that she's on tour with her Husband Jay-Z and I love seeing him live! I need to recruit some assistance for this one, but I think it's possible! :) 

Number 10 See a Cirque Du Soleil show, never seen one heard they're amazing, so on the Vegas to do list is this! 

Number 11 Take the MAT! I've made the decision to apply for a doctoral program recently so this is a requirement for admission.

Number 12 Hopefully by the time I'm 30 I can jump with elation that I've been accepted into said program too! **wish me luck**

Number 13 Ride on the Bohengy or a mail boat, never been on either and it's an experience I'd like to have.

Number 14 Go paddle boarding, well just because it sounds exciting. I've tried scuba diving, wake boarding, and surfing, so this seems like a great next step in my water sports repertoire! 


Number 15 See the swimming pigs in Exuma! Never seen them, heard it's cool so wanna try it. If you have a boat and are heading out to the Exumas, please considering inviting me along for the ride! :) 

Wish me luck with my list, and if you're able to assist with any of the above items, let me know! Join in on the experience with me too! #andis6monthsto30 starts now!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day!

C'est la vie in Tel Aviv!

Stress Kills!