Baklava wasted in Turkey!

Entering the Grand Bazaar

The Grand Bazaar


So I went to Turkey over my winter break for a few days. I spent new year's eve there too. I ate loads of Baklava and food in general. I ate way too much! LOL! I did a bit of shopping and saw the sights. It was a great break and much needed.

We also spent NYE in Istanbul. We had a great Chinese dinner.... I know Asian food in Turkey for NYE may seem a bit odd but after eating traditional Turkish style meals for days in a row I was craving something else. I love Asian food of all kinds! After eating dinner we went to this street party in Istanbul for the countdown. There was music and people everywhere. It was like entering a mosh pit! It was insane. People seemed really excited to see black people too. They kept high fiving Ras and a group of them even surrounded us and started cheering and dancing when they saw us. There was also this one creepy short dude that followed us for a while and kept grabbing my ass! He was quite irritating I was ready to slap him, but every time I turned around he'd some how managed to be no where in arms length of me! I'll let the pics speak for the trip. It was a great time. ENJOY!


Our Balcony at night. SO pretty! 

Hello! Magazine was having a block party outside the hotel on our 1st night.

Christmas tree at the Ritz. PRETTY! :)

View of Istanbul from the Ritz

Afternoon tea at the Ritz
Turkish Tea! I drank a lot of this while there! It was so cold!  :(

Turkish Coffee w/ a side of Turkish Delight

Dolmabahce Mosque

The Clock tower - entering Dolmabahce Palace 

Entering Dolmabahce Palace
Dolmabahce Palace

Sunset at the Palace

Pretty Gates at the Palace

Exterior Palace gates as night falls
Add caption
The Palace at night
More Baklava
Sophia Hagia
The Blue Mosque
Inside the Blue Mosque
Inside the Blue Mosque
At Club Reina












HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day!

C'est la vie in Tel Aviv!

Stress Kills!