Forever I love Atlanta.

The past week or so has been a bit manic. I've been doing all of the administrative tasks involved with moving as well as sorting through my stuff and continuing to prepare for my move. Sorting through 9 years of your life takes some time. I've called to cancel my utilities etc and deciding items I'd like to keep as well as trying to squeeze in things in Atlanta that I've always wanted to do, but never seemed to make the time for. I've also been trying to find time to spend with my friends before I leave seen as I won't see them for a while.

One of the things I've wanted to do was to go to the Zoo. I'd only been once and it was for a work event and the day was hot and exhausting so I didn't really get to enjoy the zoo. So last Saturday I went to the Zoo with one of my friends from freshman year at Oglethorpe and walked around. It was so much fun. I love animals so I really enjoyed the experience. I was kind of sad that all of the big cats were feeling lazy that day and we all asleep. I found out they're nocturnal so explains them sleeping all day. I still would have been nice to see them moving around. We did get to see the gorillas moving around though and those things are amazing. I was kind of mesmerized by a lot of the animals. It was so cool to see them. My experience did solidify for me that I'd really like to go on Safari so I'm adding that to my bucket list of things I'd like to do before I die. So far I have learn to fly a plane, get my motorcycle license, see the Great Barrier Reef and now go on Safari.



Lauren and I at the Zoo

I'd also heard a lot about a restaurant here called Taverna Plaka, it's Greek. So on Friday night I went with one of my girl friends. We always have a great time together and it was nice to spend some more time with her before I leave and also experience the restaurant I've heard so much about. I had a good time, but I'm not so sure it was the restaurant. I think it was more of my company and I always have a good time with my friend more so than the atmosphere. I am happy I went though I got to check it off my list of things I'd procrastinated about doing while I've lived here.

It seems when you live in a city you procrastinate more about experiencing the city simply because you feel you have loads of time to do it all. Now that I'm moving I don't have that excuse anymore so I'm trying to make up for all the things I've promised myself I'd do and never did.

I'd also been trying to find housing in Tel Aviv over the past couple of weeks. Trying to find a place to live in a city that you've never been to and know very little about is quite stressful. Thankfully one of my future roommates is there right now and she's been able to spearhead this effort. We finally found a place and it's all paid for now and it's just such a relief. Knowing you have a place to live makes the thought of moving less daunting now.

Moving is very expensive though. Packing and moving items here and also paying for a new place there has been stressful. I wish there were a magic genie to kind of take care of it all for me. It's all coming together though and though the process has been arduous to this point I think it'll be a great experience once I'm there and settled.

This weekend some friends and I got together at the pool for a little BBQ and swimming. It was so nice to see my friends together and get to spend some QT with them before the move. I know I'm going to miss them all a lot so I wanted to be able to get together with them as much as I could before I leave, but with limited time it's hard to squeeze it all in so planned a BBQ at the pool. I love the pool and sunshine and food so thought adding my good friends would only make the experience that much better. Everything went well and I am so happy I got to do it. We didn't take a lot of pics, but there are a couple below.

Joslyn and I (we've known each other for about 6yrs now)

Lisa, Lashanda, Kalia and I (they're all from different stages of my life in ATL but I love them all)

After spending time with my friends yesterday. I got to thinking about my time here. I got together with friends from all the stages of my life in Atlanta: my first time at OU, working at Deloitte, extracurricular activities, and 2nd time at OU. I've met so many great friends here. In the past 9 years I've learned so much in Atlanta about the world and a lot about myself. I've experienced so much here. I kind of grew into an adult in this city so it makes leaving bittersweet. So much of who I am today is attributed to the experiences I've had here and the people I've met. I have met some of my best friends here and it's hard to leave them, but it's only for a little while and I know there are still great things to come. The 9 years I've lived here will always have a special place in my heart. I don't know if I'll return here to live but I know I'll always love this city. It's been a great experience overall and I've enjoyed it all. I've lived, loved and shared many laughs here and for that I'll always cherish the ATL.

Forever I love ATLANTA!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day!

C'est la vie in Tel Aviv!

Stress Kills!