I'm a walking gay-dar! ;)
Happy 4th of July!
I've had a good weekend. I hope you all did too. I've had some interesting conversations with a few friends this weekend and I got to thinking about how important friends are to me. We may not speak or see each other for a while, but that doesn't hinder true friendship.
I have half siblings, but I grew up as an only child so for the most part my closest friends are more like family to me. My friends are extensions of me in very unique ways. They're all very different but I love them all the same.
It's interesting I've been reconnected with a friend from middle school who I've not had much contact with since high school and it's as if we never skipped a beat. We've just kind of fit into each other's lives again in the most perfect way. We've been a great source of advice for each other. It seems that we're both in similar places and know the perfect things to say to each other to get us through. How is it that we've been out of touch so long and yet it's that easy to reconnect and be there for each other?
A friend doesn't have to be in your life every moment of every day to show how much they love you. But at the moment when you need them most they're always there knowing the perfect thing to say and do. For instance today I was having a conversation with my long lost friend and without fail every time we speak I end up laughing hysterically! Best line of today, "if a man does not want to bed you - he's 100% gay
its foolproof!" A bit over the top, absolutely hilarious, but just what you need to hear sometimes. Friends do that for each other, great friends anyway. They always know just what to say, no matter how ridiculous sometimes.
Sometimes life happens and the dynamics of friendships evolve, but your real friends are always there. It's like that with my bestie and I from college. Over the past few years life has happened and we no longer live near each other and schedules have gotten crazy but we're always there for each other.
With my moving to Israel not everyone has been 100% supportive of my decision to go, but it helps when your close friends support you and are excited for you. To me your family are the people that love you, they don't necessarily have to be of blood relation. I love my friends and I'd do anything for them!
Friendships vary and people change and as we change sometimes so do our friends, but those friends that remain through it all are the best!
My friends and I may not see each other everyday or speak all the time, but I know they are there and I appreciate them.
I've had a good weekend. I hope you all did too. I've had some interesting conversations with a few friends this weekend and I got to thinking about how important friends are to me. We may not speak or see each other for a while, but that doesn't hinder true friendship.
I have half siblings, but I grew up as an only child so for the most part my closest friends are more like family to me. My friends are extensions of me in very unique ways. They're all very different but I love them all the same.
It's interesting I've been reconnected with a friend from middle school who I've not had much contact with since high school and it's as if we never skipped a beat. We've just kind of fit into each other's lives again in the most perfect way. We've been a great source of advice for each other. It seems that we're both in similar places and know the perfect things to say to each other to get us through. How is it that we've been out of touch so long and yet it's that easy to reconnect and be there for each other?
A friend doesn't have to be in your life every moment of every day to show how much they love you. But at the moment when you need them most they're always there knowing the perfect thing to say and do. For instance today I was having a conversation with my long lost friend and without fail every time we speak I end up laughing hysterically! Best line of today, "if a man does not want to bed you - he's 100% gay
its foolproof!" A bit over the top, absolutely hilarious, but just what you need to hear sometimes. Friends do that for each other, great friends anyway. They always know just what to say, no matter how ridiculous sometimes.
Sometimes life happens and the dynamics of friendships evolve, but your real friends are always there. It's like that with my bestie and I from college. Over the past few years life has happened and we no longer live near each other and schedules have gotten crazy but we're always there for each other.
With my moving to Israel not everyone has been 100% supportive of my decision to go, but it helps when your close friends support you and are excited for you. To me your family are the people that love you, they don't necessarily have to be of blood relation. I love my friends and I'd do anything for them!
Friendships vary and people change and as we change sometimes so do our friends, but those friends that remain through it all are the best!
My friends and I may not see each other everyday or speak all the time, but I know they are there and I appreciate them.
Comments
Post a Comment