Be Inspired to Find and Embrace Your Happiness.
As you all know, I'm a full time student. Making the shift from having a Corporate America job for 4 years to being a full time student for almost 2 years now, was scary. It was frightening because it's this big leap of faith to take as an adult on a career path to walk away, give all of that up and start over jobless. For an independent person like myself this reliance on my mother again and student loans, etc is not the greatest feeling, but it's a small price to pay for my happiness.
My friend Michelle came to visit last week and one of the things she said to me was that I'm different now, I'm happier! This is so unbelievably true! I feel like a totally different person almost. Misery is like a venimous snake! It's a life threatening poison if you don't treat it. To have a job and a paycheck is never worth your life or your happiness. I'm so blessed and grateful that I recognized it and made steps to change my life and find myself, my better, happier self along the way. I am also grateful that I was in a place in my life that I could do this. I am single and don't have any kids so this makes the decision to make such a huge shift in the direction of my life so much easier.
I may not know where I will be or where life will take me after my program is done, but I do know that I love the me I am now. I love the happier, more expressive, tolerant, fun-loving, grateful and healthier me! I feel energized, positive and the potential for the rest of my life is boundless! I feel free! Free from my previous expectations of my life, free from other's expectations of me, and free to embrace life as it comes. I also feel like the past 2 or so years have been the better part of my 20s.
I'm 27 and single, I still drink and get drunk on rare occasion. I go to clubs and can stay out late with friends or when I go out on dates with guys. I can have a hangover and not worry about having to wake up early to take care of kids. So many of my friends are now mothers and wives. I get daily Facebook status updates and pictures of them and their unbelievably cute kids. This sometimes makes me feel a little behind schedule in life, but I'm slowly getting over it. My life may be a little different and somewhat irresponsible to others but I am embracing and loving my carefree life at this point. This allows me to travel freely and pick up and move to foreign countries and this life in my current place makes me happy!
Happiness is the theme of my message I guess. I am happy and grateful for my life. I love being me! I know my life is not the same as my friends, but if nothing else I hope my life and my current place in life can be an inspiration for my friends to embrace happiness. If you're currently unhappy, find out what makes you happy and pursue it full throttle. When you're happy your entire outlook on life changes, you feel better and possibility is endless.
My friend Michelle came to visit last week and one of the things she said to me was that I'm different now, I'm happier! This is so unbelievably true! I feel like a totally different person almost. Misery is like a venimous snake! It's a life threatening poison if you don't treat it. To have a job and a paycheck is never worth your life or your happiness. I'm so blessed and grateful that I recognized it and made steps to change my life and find myself, my better, happier self along the way. I am also grateful that I was in a place in my life that I could do this. I am single and don't have any kids so this makes the decision to make such a huge shift in the direction of my life so much easier.
I may not know where I will be or where life will take me after my program is done, but I do know that I love the me I am now. I love the happier, more expressive, tolerant, fun-loving, grateful and healthier me! I feel energized, positive and the potential for the rest of my life is boundless! I feel free! Free from my previous expectations of my life, free from other's expectations of me, and free to embrace life as it comes. I also feel like the past 2 or so years have been the better part of my 20s.
I'm 27 and single, I still drink and get drunk on rare occasion. I go to clubs and can stay out late with friends or when I go out on dates with guys. I can have a hangover and not worry about having to wake up early to take care of kids. So many of my friends are now mothers and wives. I get daily Facebook status updates and pictures of them and their unbelievably cute kids. This sometimes makes me feel a little behind schedule in life, but I'm slowly getting over it. My life may be a little different and somewhat irresponsible to others but I am embracing and loving my carefree life at this point. This allows me to travel freely and pick up and move to foreign countries and this life in my current place makes me happy!
Happiness is the theme of my message I guess. I am happy and grateful for my life. I love being me! I know my life is not the same as my friends, but if nothing else I hope my life and my current place in life can be an inspiration for my friends to embrace happiness. If you're currently unhappy, find out what makes you happy and pursue it full throttle. When you're happy your entire outlook on life changes, you feel better and possibility is endless.
![]() |
| This post was inspired by this image! |

Comments
Post a Comment