Welcome to my humble abode!

So these pics I'm about to post are of my new apartment here in Israel. I share a 3 bedroom apartment, about 10 mins away from TAU with my three roommates. Ashley and Ben, who are recently engaged, woohoo! :) and Shoshana. Ashley and Shoshana are both in the same MA program as me. We met through facebook and are now sharing this space for the next year. I've not had roommates since high school so this year will be interesting for sure. Learning to share a space with 3 other people will be a challenge. We are all slowly learning each others likes and dislikes, but so far none of us have attempted to kill each other yet or had a big argument so I consider this a good start! LOL!

The Kitchen
The Living Room

We live in the building to the left.
So now to my room. My room is actually the safe room, it's actually an in house bomb shelter. I have a 6 inch thick steel door and a steel shutter that blocks off my window. My roommate Ashley joked this week that if the alarms sound everyone would just camp out in my room.

My room was a labor of love literally. When I 1st arrived I slept on the couch for the first few days because the mattress left in my room by the previous tenants was NASTY! It was blood and urine stained and only God knows what else. Needless to say I was not about to sleep on it and promptly got rid of it. I already told you about my trip to Ikea; there's no need to relive that day. Oh I did forget one thing.... I bought this little side table to go with my bed, but when my stuff was delivered they forgot the screws to put the table together.

After the ordeal getting there I refused to take that trip again for screws and though I called the store on 2 seperate occasions they wouldn't send them to me. They insisted that I needed to come to the store. That was not about to happen. There's a nice man with a little hardware type store near us and I went to him to look for screws. I went several different times. We tried 3 different screw sizes none of which worked. He finally specially bought some screws for me only to realize I didn't buy enough from him and I didn't have a drill to screw them in! UGH! Frustrating. It literally took me a week to get this table put together. I finally took all the parts into his store this morning and he was kind enough to just put it together for me! I should probably write him a thank you note or something he was so helpful this week. He actually joked that I didn't have to come in so many times he'd have put it together for me days ago. I was being stubborn and wanted to try it myself of course. I just told him it was because I needed an excuse to come into his store so often. LOL. I also saved money not trekking back to Ikea. Though if you factor in the time wasted this week maybe not but oh well. It was an experience right?!

I have a comfy new room now and I'm content. I may decorate a little more later on, but I think it's shaping up nicely.

The Nasty Mattress
My Ikea Delivery.... my bed started out like this


My Nice, new clean bed!

See the wretched table on the left


 See that white metal in the window? That's the shutter that slides over to close off my room.

Comments

  1. I'm glad to see the snoogle made it safely there!! :)
    Have fun!!
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Mother's Day!

C'est la vie in Tel Aviv!

Stress Kills!